Richardson Kelburn Farms
Size: 4000 sq.ft.
Region: Howden, MB
Architect: Neil Cooper Architect Inc.
- Part of Richardson’s 500 acre research and crop development centre, located just south of Winnipeg
- Central round log in entrance with radiating joists from top, creating a semi-circle area
- Two flanking spaces from central office area, one fully timber framed (Kelburn Timber Pavillion) and the other includes half timber ledgers and posts to carry the aesthetic of timber on the exterior.
- Modern, mono-slope rooflines throughout the building
- 30’ long parallel chord trusses with 4’ overhangs on either side
- Infill wall systems throughout timber frame area
- Space used as an educational area for students with glass garage doors that open to the outdoors in summer
- Trusses feature metal connection details, fully integrated and custom made
- Finished with Sansin SDF Natural Light
Builder: Canotech Consultants Ltd.