Niakwa Country Club
Size: 150 ft.
Region: Niakwa Place, Winnipeg, MB
- 150 ft. long feature bridge from first tee-off box across to driving range and a continuation of the cart path on the way to green #1
- The structure of the 10 trusses (5 pairs) doubles as the railing
- Custom rough-sawn 3×8 fir decking boards
- Full of custom fabricated metal for connection details as specified by the consulting engineer. Attention paid to the fact that much of the metal remains unseen as you walk/ride across the bridge
- 5 section curving bridge with width to allow two golf carts to pass each other
- Structural select Douglas fir
- Stained with Sansin ‘Wood Sealer’ to ensure an even graying of the bridge over time
Builder: Cornerstone Timberframes
Consulting Engineer: Building Alternatives Inc.